This soup is vegan and waist-friendly, plus it’s full of all the good vegetables you should be eating.
Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons salt-free seasoning
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup soy, rice, hemp or almond milk
1. Place all ingredients except the cashews and milk in a pot, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the veggies are just tender.
2. Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend the soup.
3. In a blender, blend the cashews and milk so the consistency is smooth and creamy.
4. Add the creamy nut mixture to the soup and heat for 5 minutes on medium heat, then serve.