If your kids don’t love fish, call this a California Taco. These originated on the beach in Baja, so could they be any cooler?
The delicious slaw has a little zing and lots of crunch. The whole dish takes only minutes to prepare—healthy and easy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound tilapia or cod (any white, mild fish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (like Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce)
- 2 cups pre-shredded cabbage and carrot cole slaw mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas (soft or crispy)
For serving: Avocado slices and salsa
1. Salt and pepper the fish, then coat with olive oil and lime juice. If you have time, stick back in the refrigerator for up to 20 minutes, but if time is tight, proceed.
2. Mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, hot sauce and cabbage. Set aside.
3. Grill or sauté fish until cooked through (less than 10 minutes).
4. Warm tortillas and assemble tacos with fish, cole slaw and cilantro. Serve avocado slices and salsa on the side.
Complete the Meal: Confetti corn (sauté corn, red peppers and onions) is a great side dish or just plain corn for those with simpler taste. Serve with a Mexican beer and some lime wedges.
1 package cole slaw mix
1 bunch cilantro
1 pound tilapia or any mild, white fish
1 small container plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 package corn tortillas (soft or crispy)