Convito has been making this popular salad since 1980. It’s a delicious salad for a luncheon or perfect for picnics or a side dish for dinner!
Vegetable Fresca Salad
Serves: 6 people as a main dish, 10 people as a side
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups carrots, julienned (2 inches long)
- 1 cup cucumbers, peeled, seeded, julienned (2 inches long)
- 2 cups zucchini, julienned (2 inches long)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Place all veggies into a large salad bowl.
2. Mix olive oil, vinegar, dried herbs, salt and pepper together and toss with salad.
Complete the Meal: Serve with a crusty bread and French brie (both available at Convito). And for wine, Convito carries Kris, an Italian Pinot Grigio for about $13.
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 bunch parsley
6 ounces sugar snap peas
1-2 small zucchini
Red wine vinegar