If you’ve ever wished you could give something more impactful than your spare change to the homeless, this resource list for the homeless in Chicago can help.
This card lists organizations vetted by Better that will provide food, shelter, or other helpful services in the Chicago region.
In other words, now you can go beyond spare change to hand someone homeless a direct route to an authentically more hopeful future. All they need to do is walk through the front door at one of the institutions listed and a nourishing meal and fresh start will be within reach.
You can also download the card below:
We hope that other organizations will join Better to enhance this database and outreach, providing additional support that gives help and hope.
Organizations featured in the resource list:
- A Just Harvest
- Breakthrough Urban Ministries
- Catholic Charities
- Connections for the Homeless
- Fourth Presbyterian Church
- Breaking Bread Ministries
- Good News Partners
- Sarah’s Circle
- A Safe Haven
- The Night Ministry
- Nourishing Hope (formerly Lakeview Pantry)
- Pacific Garden Mission
- Franciscan Outreach
- Lincoln Park Community Services
- Olive Branch Mission
More from Better:
- How To Help: Fight Food Insecurity in Chicago By Supporting These Local Food Banks, Food Pantries and Other Nonprofits Combatting Hunger
- 13 Most Powerful Philanthropists and Nonprofit Leaders Driving Change in Chicago and Beyond in 2022
- Reframing the Gun Control Movement: Chicago Organizations Double Down on Gun Violence Interruption