On April 3, 2023, Make It Better Foundation will announce the recipients of our 10th annual Philanthropy Awards.
The Philanthropy Awards – our keystone program – is an annual competition to identify, elevate, and amplify the most effective nonprofits making a difference. An awards package valued at over $25,000 is given to recipients each year.
This year we honor the Chicago-area nonprofits doing the most impactful work to interrupt violence through their work in Health and Mental Wellness, Human Services and Social Services according to data-driven standards. Suzanne LeMignot of CBS2 Chicago will moderate the awards program.
Eligible candidates included evidence-based programs that support: child trauma and mental health services, crisis prevention plans, youth engagement, hyper-local collaborations, street outreach intervention and de-escalation, victim services, nonviolence training, and community organizing.
In March 2023, the Make It Better Foundation hosted a virtual solutions-based conversation on interrupting violence and explored our panelists integrated, interdisciplinary understanding of violence and recommended holistic approach to addressing it. The tenets of the discussion informed our judges’ review and selection of this year’s Philanthropy Awards recipients.
Panelists Roseanna Ander, Executive Director UChicago Crime Lab, Phil Andrew, Co-Founder and Principal of PAX Group and Jeanne Bishop, Cook County Public Defender, discussed their integrated, interdisciplinary understanding of violence and recommended holistic approach to addressing it.
- Expert Tips and Strategies for Setting Up a Successful Family Office With a Blended Family
- 8 Tips on Investing with Impact from ESG Leaders Kathy Roeser and Emily Thomas of Morgan Stanley
- How Do Students Bounce Back from a Pandemic-Induced Academic Slump? Academic Approach Presents Stats and Expert Strategies
- 5 Education Tips and Insights from Purdue University President and Former Indiana Governor Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr.
- Financial Literacy for Kids: Start Smart Money Talk Early and Set Kids Up for Long-Term Success
- Introducing a New Study and Exploring the Future of Alzheimer’s Research
- Gary Sipos of College Cash Solutions Shares the Secrets to Reducing College Costs
- Can Doing Good Also Do Good for Your Portfolio? Two Experts Weigh in on the Benefits of ESG Investing￼
- Bill Cassidy, Chris Murphy, Miana Bryant and Anna King Discuss The Impact of Gun Violence and the Pandemic on Youth Mental Health
- Invest in Yourself: 4 Powerhouse Women Share the Successes, Struggles and Strategies That Led Them to the Top of Their Game
- Money, Empathy, Power and the Women Who Drive Philanthropy — A Conversation with Red Cross of Illinois CEO Celena Roldan and William Blair Partner Laura Linger
- Executive Inclusion and Equity Strategies from a Kellogg Professor to Help Your Business Achieve Sustainable Impact
- How to Lead a Sustainable Lifestyle: 4 Eco-Leaders Share 12 Ways to Take Action Now
- A Sound Body and Mind: Tips from an Olympian, a Wellness Expert, and a Meditation Guru to Help You Get Centered
- ‘The Women Who Made Us Who We Are’: The Power of Your Family Stories
- Fitness Experts Share 6 Tips for a Healthy Body and Mind
- Helping Women Achieve Their Most Important Financial Goals
- 3 Experts Share Their Tips for Designing the Perfect Second Home
Virtual Event Assistance
Click here to get instructions on:
- How to Register for events
- How to Enter a booth/table