The polls are open, and we’re here to help.
The Record North Shore’s Local Election Guide is a tool meant to equip you with information for the local municipal elections. Early voting began Monday, March 20, and Election Day is Tuesday, April 4. Before you head to the polls, you can learn about your candidates, local races and other ballot items with the information provided below — highlighted by exclusive one-on-one interviews with candidates in five contested elections.
Below you will also find a searchable database with basic information on all local races and candidates, and find voting information and resources.
With questions, concerns, suggestions or anything else, please contact Editor in Chief Joe Coughlin at [email protected].
THE RECORD’S CANDIDATE INTERVIEWS
• Glencoe Golf Club Referendum (Coming Thursday, March 23)
• Uncontested Races Guide (Coming Monday, March 27)
SEARCHABLE DATABASE: CANDIDATE INFO, WEBSITES AND MORE
OTHER LOCAL CANDIDATE INFORMATION
• Early Voting (through April 3)
- Sites: Cook County — Centennial Ice Rinks:, 2300 Old Glenview Road, Wilmette; Glenview Village Hall, 2500 Lake Ave.; Northbrook Village Hall, 1225 Cedar Lane. Lake County — Highland Park Public Library, 494 Laurel Ave.
- Hours: Cook — 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Lake — 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday
This article originally appeared in The Record North Shore, a local news nonprofit.
More from Better:
- How To Help: 10 Organizations Providing Critical Support to Children, Youth and Families in Need Around Chicago
- Q&A: How Ulta Beauty COO Kecia Steelman’s Self-Affirming Attitude Paved the Way to Success
- Lynn Cole, Executive Director of RISE International, Works to Provide Access to Education in Angola — Making Her the 2022 Red Cross Global Citizenship Hero, Sponsored by United Airlines