The SchoolsRule Equity in Education Fund was created in honor of Mary Jane Burke, who is retiring after 50 years of service in education – 28 of those as the Marin County Superintendent of Schools. Contributing to this fund will continue Mary Jane’s lifelong vision of equitable opportunities for all Marin County students, regardless of their zip code.
The number of students who are eligible for free and reduced lunch in Marin County is growing, and this fund will provide critical programs for our most vulnerable students today and into the future.
Sharing SchoolsRule’s mission that “all children deserve the best possible educational opportunities possible,” Make It Better Media Group is stepping up to support equity. Every gift, up to a total of $10,000 will be matched. “Make It Better” for Marin’s public school students by joining us and donate today when every dollar you give has double the impact!
SchoolsRule works in collaboration with Marin’s public school foundations, raising funds on behalf of all students countywide. Funds are distributed annually on a per-student basis to provide direct support for programs in the areas of literacy, the arts, technology and health, helping to ensure that high-quality educational programs are available to EVERY student.
More on SchoolsRule:
- SchoolsRule’s Matching Grant Campaign Raises $60,000 For Marin’s Public Schools
- 13 Education Innovators Reimagining Learning Around the World
- The Needs of Our Public Schools Have Only Increased in the Pandemic — But You Can Help Right Now
More from Better:
- 5 Education Tips and Insights from Purdue University President and Former Indiana Governor Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr.
- How Do Students Bounce Back from a Pandemic-Induced Academic Slump? Academic Approach Presents Stats and Expert Strategies
- How Much Harm Did the Pandemic Do to Our Kids — and What We Can Do About It? ‘The Stolen Year’ Author Anya Kamenetz Answers Our Questions