This October, let’s not only “think pink,” but buy pink as well. Our favorite pink products give back by donating proceeds from their sales to fund breast cancer education and research.
According to the World Health Organization, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide. But there’s some good news — in part due to increased awareness, better screening and early detection, and continually improving treatment options — mortality rates have been gradually declining since 1990.
Your support is making a difference. This October, buy pink, and continue to aid the fight against breast cancer.
This classic, 100 percent cotton men’s long sleeve from Vineyard Vines swaps the trademark whale for the breast cancer awareness ribbon to show their support for the cause. Twenty percent of all proceeds are donated to Bright Pink, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering women to know their risk and manage their health proactively.
This simple yet elegant pendant from Kendra Scott will be your new wardrobe essential, and a reminder of the ongoing fight against breast cancer. During the month of October, Kendra Scott will donate 20 percent from the purchase price to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and has committed to donating up to $250,000 this year.
As temperatures start to cool off, wrap yourself in this luxurious 100 percent pure cashmere scarf. It comes in three colors: nude, antique pink, and chalk. For each scarf sold, NakedCashmere will donate $50 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Sneakers are in! Keep it classic with these low-top lace-up leather sneakers, designed especially for breast cancer awareness. Twenty-five percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
This limited-edition creamy lip color duo comes in pink and tulle, so you can show your support in two different shades. Bobbi Brown will donate $24 from each purchase to the Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Campaign, which gives to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Becca’s weightless powder sets and refreshes makeup for a glowing, silky finish. It refreshes makeup for all-day comfort, and 20 percent of the purchase is donated to the Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Campaign and given to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
For your next housewarming, holiday, or hostess gift, give a gift that keeps on giving. Each purchase of this waterproof wine tote from Pretty Rugged donates 50 percent of the proceeds to BCRF.
Erin Condren’s signature 7” x 9” coiled LifePlanner can be customized with your own cover design, coil, interior weekly layout, and color scheme. Sprinkled with motivational messages and monthly quotes, this planner will keep you motivated all year. Fifty percent of the retail price will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
S’well Pink Topaz Traveler, $35 for 16 oz or $40 for 20 oz
Reduce usage of single-use plastic water bottles, keep drinks at the perfect temperature all day, and stay on-trend with this soft pink S’well bottle — all while supporting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Twenty percent of the purchase will be donated to the foundation.
Make your favorite frozen yogurt at home in just 20 minutes or less with Cuisinart’s fully automatic Frozen Yogurt Maker. Turn your favorite ingredients into a healthy (or not-so-healthy) frozen treat. Cuisinart will donate $32,500 annually to BCRF, regardless of sales.
After you shop the products above, treat yourself — and make a difference — with these experiences in Chicago.
During the month of October, The Langham Chicago will participate in raising funds for prevention, research, diagnosis, and treatment by partnering with Bright Pink (headquartered in Chicago) and curating special experiences for guests. Their offers include:
- A Bright Pink Suite Escape: Stay in a one-bedroom suite, styled with pink accents by HMR Designs. The stay includes exclusive access to the Club Floor Lounge, pink welcome champagne, the Bright Pink Afternoon Tea, and Knesko Spa amenities. Thirty percent of proceeds will be donated to Bright Pink.
- Rosé for the Cause: When you visit Travelle or Pavilion during the month of October and order Mathilde Chapoutier Côte de Provence Rosé 2017, $1 per glass or $5 per bottle will be donated to Bright Pink.
- Bright Pink Afternoon Tea: Pastry chef Danielle Marelli will complement her petite afternoon tea creations with accents of pink through Nov. 16. Includes a glass of sparkling wine. Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to Bright Pink.
- Wink-Pink at the Chuan Spa: Add a Wink-Pink Rose Quartz Antioxidant Collagen Eye Enhancement for $55 to any spa treatment or purchase any of Knesko’s Rose Quartz Antioxidant Collagen Collection Products available at the Chuan Spa retail boutique. Ten percent of the proceeds will be donated to Bright Pink.
During the month of October, participating Tao Group Hospitality brands worldwide will be donating 10 percent of the proceeds from their #DRINKPINK campaign to the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The specialty crafted food and beverage items that will be available at Tao Chicago are:
- Poke Roll (Tuna, Salmon, Yellowtail, Myoga, Kanpyo)
- Sizzling Wagyu Beef Short Rib (Japanese Mushroom Fried Rice, Ginger Broth)
- Giant Pink Fortune Cookie (White and Dark Chocolate Mousse)
- Pink Strides (Effen Rose Vodka, St. Germain, Notorious Pink Rose, Strawberry)
There will also be a kick-off event at Tao Chicago on Thursday, Oct. 3 from 7 p.m. to close, with hors d’oeuvres and drinks included from 7-10 p.m.
Kiss FM’s DJ Mach 1, Mike Z, and Bam Bam Buddha will be spinning live music for the event.
Madison Muller is a senior at Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism, learning to navigate the contemporary media environment with compassion and candor. She enjoys writing about health, travel, and humanity. You can always find her with a coffee in hand. Madison is a proud supporter of the National Eating Disorders Association.